About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Welcome to my little corner of cardmaking,creations,creative urges, special thoughts from my heart for your inspirations.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Alcohol Ink Painting Happy Mother's Day

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO EVERYONE.


Alcohol Ink Rose Bouquet: My first step was to stamp the rose image to clear acetate and emboss with black sparkle embossing powder. Turn the stamped image face down and paint the image with Alcohol Inks by dabbing on with a small paint brush. This takes a little time but as you work along you will see when to add more ink. As you add another color ex: like the leaves it will start shading itself. When dry I added a few drops of crystal laquer to the embossed side to make the dew drops on the roses. A piece of gold vellum was placed under the acetate and adhered to the black mat and then to a pretty piece of Penny Blacks vellum print. The cardstock used was a butterscotch. The rose stamp is by Stampendous. I added a little matching string border. It really isn't a time consuming card except for the first one you do. It's also great working with the alcohol ink, if you want to do it over just dab a q-tip in the alcohol solution and wipe it off. E-mail me for questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment